Thursday, March 6, 2014

Parental Conflict

Last summer I decided to play softball for the first time, but after a little while into the season I realized that I didn't enjoy it very much because the schedule was interfering with other obligations I had already made before softball began. It was making my summer very hectic and I didn't get to relax- which is the point of summer because my school year is so busy and stressful. I asked my parents if I could quit and offered to pay them back with the some of my pay check from my summer job. My parents were not happy and wanted me to keep playing and follow through with the commitment I made to the team. I knew it would be okay to quit becuase I was a new player and without me they would still have enough players, but my parents insisted that I keep playing after  practicing so much and playing a few games. Finally, they let me quit after realizing that the games did interfere with family obligations and vacations that we had already planned before the softball season, and they also understood that I was stressed out with the busy schedule I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment